CrowdStrike's Strike strategies focus on adversary countermeasures designed to identify, disrupt, deceive, and deter attackers. CrowdStrike deploys defensive measures to bring to bear all lawful means that deny an adversary the benefits of breaking into client networks while greatly increasing an adversary’s risk of unfavorable consequences.
Actionable intelligence on adversaries and their tactics, techniques, and procedures is an absolute necessity for effective enterprise defense against targeted intrusions. If you don’t know who your enemy is, you can’t protect yourself effectively. Even knowing what to protect is challenging unless you know who is coming after you and what their intentions and capabilities are.
CrowdStrike's Strike Offerings
- Take legal action against the adversary and other recipients of stolen information
- Craft strategic deception campaign to actively feed misinformation to the adversary and negatively impact their intelligence collection program
- Determine adversary tactics and techniques in order to deny their repeated use across CrowdStrike’s entire client base
- Identify and expose the adversary, as well as their motives and targets
- Locate and lawfully recover stolen property
To accomplish these results, CrowdStrike may employ the following legal defenses:
- Use of CrowdStrike proprietary technologies that monitor, correlate, identify, and interact with threat actors to reveal their methods while on a client’s network
- Track adversary activities using a combination of technology, industry relationships, and/or civil process
- Leverage honeypot environments that promote attribution while keeping threat actors engaged for extended periods of time with lookalike systems and by manipulating the adversary’s freedom to act
- Deception techniques that provide carefully tailored misinformation to adversaries, and randomly impact the accuracy of other stolen data
Asymmetry Between Offense and Defense
The most important challenge we need to address for improving the cybersecurity landscape is to change the asymmetry that exists today between offense and defense. The cost of an effective offensive operation is orders of magnitude cheaper than an effective defense to counter it. Raising the cost to the adversary or, alternatively, denying them the benefits of the information they are consuming through the use of deception, is critical to addressing this imbalance. CrowdStrike will work with you to develop a customized Strike strategy and capabilities for a particular attacker and action.