2018 CrowdStrike Global Threat Report
Blurring the Lines Between Statecraft and Tradecraft
Update: CrowdStrike’s 2020 Global Threat Report is now available. Download the report to stay ahead of today’s adversaries.
The 2018 CrowdStrike® Global Threat Report offers one of the industry’s most comprehensive reports on today’s most damaging cyberattacks and dangerous adversaries. It contains valuable insights into the evolving threat landscape and includes recommendations that will help you be better prepared for the security challenges your organization faces now and in the future.
The findings presented in this year’s report represent research conducted in 2017 by CrowdStrike’s threat intelligence, managed hunting and Threat Graph™ data collection and analysis units. Each of these teams has compiled crucial information on topics ranging from nation-state adversaries and the tools, tactics and procedures (TTPs) they are employing, to the trends observed by CrowdStrike experts that are likely to affect your organizational security in 2018.
Download this year’s Global Threat Report Today!
Highlights from this year’s Global Threat Report:
- The distinctions between state-sponsored actors and cybercriminals are becoming blurred, as nation-state adversaries adopt eCrime TTPs such as ransomware, and criminal groups perpetrate more sophisticated targeted intrusion-type attacks.
- Exploits continue to proliferate with threat actors using commodity tools such as penetration-testing software and poisoned update packages to breach networks.
- Malware-based attacks continued to flourish — even when traditional antivirus products were present.
- Coordinated, cross-agency law enforcement actions resulted in the takedowns of some major eCrime actors and networks in 2017.
- While government, healthcare and financial organizations continued to be highly targeted, the hospitality industry emerged as a target of both eCrime and nation-state actors.
For technical information on installation, policy configuration and more, please visit the CrowdStrike Tech Center.Visit the Tech Center