CrowdStrike Advances to Research Partner with MITRE Engenuity Center for Threat-Informed Defense to Help Lead the Future of Cyber Defense
- CrowdStrike is deepening its commitment to advancing the security ecosystem leading the future of protection by becoming a top-tier partner in the MITRE Center for Threat-Informed Defense research program.
- CrowdStrike’s adversary-centric approach and technology leadership can help change the game on adversaries, turning state-of-the-art threat defense into a state of practice.
CrowdStrike is now a Research Partner with the MITRE Engenuity Center for Threat-Informed Defense, joining a select list of cybersecurity companies and research foundations to take a hands-on approach to transforming state-of-the-art, threat-informed defense against sophisticated adversaries into a state of practice for organizations. Building on its previous role as Research Sponsor, CrowdStrike is reaffirming its commitment to fostering an open and collaborative security ecosystem.
By investing in the Center’s collaborative R&D program and working with ecosystem partners to advance its research in the public interest, CrowdStrike is allied in a common cause to shape the future of threat-informed defense and help organizations improve the visibility and understanding of sophisticated adversaries and threats.
CrowdStrike Adversary-Focused Approach to Security Advances Threat-Informed Defense
Behind every attack is a human adversary with motivation and intent. Understanding the adversary, their tradecraft and techniques, and how they are most likely to target an organization, is critical to a threat-informed defense. CrowdStrike is a pioneer in threat actor profiling and attribution and uses this industry-leading threat intelligence to enrich the trillions of security events captured in the CrowdStrike Security Cloud.
The market-leading CrowdStrike Falcon® platform applies advanced machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI) and deep analytics to this enriched telemetry to automatically prevent known attack methods and intrusions, while identifying new and unknown malicious activity and delivering proactive measures to stop the attack before it executes.
CrowdStrike has shared this expert knowledge in past Center research projects to guide and support the advancement of state-of-the-art, threat-informed defense in the public interest.
The industry-leading CrowdStrike Falcon platform sets the new standard in cybersecurity. Watch this demo to see the Falcon platform in action.
CrowdStrike has been a long-time and active collaborator with the Center. As a Research Sponsor in past projects, CrowdStrike offered expertise derived from securing cloud infrastructures to advance cloud analytics for identifying adversary behavior, leveraged experience to guide research on real-world insider threat techniques and provided understanding of real-world adversary techniques to contribute to the Center’s research that revealed the top ATT&CK techniques defender should prioritize.
See for yourself how the industry-leading CrowdStrike Falcon platform protects against modern threats like wipers and ransomware. Start your 15-day free trial today.
CrowdStrike’s Work with the Center for Threat-Informed Defense Moving Forward
By elevating to Research Partner, CrowdStrike will continue to deepen this collaboration with the Center for Threat-Informed Defense, funding research and leveraging our adversary-focused expertise and our understanding of securing cloud infrastructures and stopping cloud breaches to help organizations advance their defenses against cyberattacks.
- For an in-depth examination of how attackers target the cloud, download “Protectors of the Cloud: Combating the Rise in Threats to Cloud Environments.”
- Learn how you can stop cloud breaches with CrowdStrike unified cloud security posture management and breach prevention for multi-cloud and hybrid environments — all in one lightweight platform.
- Read about adversaries tracked by CrowdStrike in 2021 in the 2022 CrowdStrike Global Threat Report and in the 2022 Falcon OverWatch™ Threat Hunting Report.
- Test CrowdStrike next-gen AV for yourself. Start your free trial of Falcon Prevent™ today.