The CrowdStrike Falcon platform recently participated in a group evaluation by SC Magazine’s testing team, a U.S.-based team that includes “SC Lab staff and a network of external experts who are respected industry-wide.” Their evaluation of Falcon’s endpoint protection capabilities culminated with CrowdStrike receiving the highest possible rating — five stars — in every category, with no weaknesses found. The categories for this evaluation include Features, Performance, Documentation, Support and Value for Money.
In the review, SC Magazine Technology Editor Peter Stephenson writes of the Falcon product, “For what it does, we know of no better tool available. We make this our cloud-based Recommended product.”
As the review points out, the Falcon platform operates by tying the “endpoints tightly into its threat-hunting ecosystem.” This offers CrowdStrike customers comprehensive protection that covers all types of threats, from simple malware to the most sophisticated advanced persistent threats, delivered via a very lightweight agent that eliminates the system tray bloat so characteristic of competing solutions.
Some of the other results from SC Magazine’s hands-on evaluation of the Falcon platform’s endpoint protection capabilities include:
- SC Magazine lab testers found that in addition to focusing on sophisticated malware such as ransomware and advanced persistent threats, the Falcon platform also has excellent intrusion prevention/blocking capabilities, including machine learning, behavioral blocking, IOC blocking, custom whitelisting/blacklisting, endpoint detection and response (EDR), forensic-level visibility and managed hunting.
- The evaluators were appreciative of the “no-nonsense” Falcon console that includes a logical menu of choices on the left side with icons for Activity, Investigate, Hosts, Configuration, Dashboards, Intelligence, and Users and Support. Each menu includes a submenu for easy navigation.
- The evaluators tested Falcon’s capabilities by attacking their endpoints with Locky ransomware to see how Falcon would react. “We saw a high-risk threat. Expanding the selection, we saw a complete picture of how the malware attacked the system and attempted to spread and do its mischief.”
- The evaluation also cites CrowdStrike’s “superior intelligence feeds” and the fact that machine learning is delivered via a graph model database — the CrowdStrike Threat Graph™ — giving the Falcon platform a “sophisticated approach to analysis.”
- The report also mentions the Falcon OverWatch™ team and its ability to aid customers with difficult threat hunting challenges.
Read the SC Magazine evaluation in its entirety.
Learn more about the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform.