CrowdStrike secures the highest possible score in seventeen criteria and the top score overall in the strategy category.
“CrowdStrike has the most fully featured endpoint security suite with an EDR lineage.”
— The Forrester WaveTM: Endpoint Security Suites, Q3 2019
We are proud to announce that Forrester has named CrowdStrike a “leader” in The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security Suites, Q3 2019. The Forrester Wave evaluates vendors on 25 criteria, and groups them into four categories: Leaders, Strong Performers, Contenders, and Challengers in the endpoint security space.
We are especially excited because CrowdStrike® is not only a leader, we also received the top ranking in the strategy category. To calculate the strategy score, Forrester evaluated the top 15 vendors for product road map, corporate vision and focus, Zero Trust framework alignment, and security community involvement. The Forrester Wave evaluation and ranking of each provider helps security and risk professionals select the vendor that best suits their needs.
CrowdStrike Top Ranked Vendor in the Strategy Category
We are thrilled with CrowdStrike’s top ranking in strategy and we believe it validates why we created the first multi-tenant, cloud-native, intelligent security solution: CrowdStrike Falcon®. The Falcon platform’s broad capabilities protect workloads across on-premises, virtualized and cloud-based environments running on a variety of endpoints such as laptops, desktops, servers, virtual machines and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
CrowdStrike was founded to reinvent security for the cloud era. From the beginning, our strategy was focused on collecting data at scale, centrally storing this data in a singular model, and training our algorithms on these vast amounts of high-fidelity data, which we believe is a fundamental differentiator from our competitors.
Our strategy has been to unite a broad range of technologies and tools — including Falcon PreventTM: next-generation antivirus (NGAV), Falcon InsightTM: endpoint detection and response (EDR), Falcon OverWatchTM: managed threat hunting, Falcon DiscoverTM: IT hygiene, Falcon XTM: threat intelligence and Falcon SpotlightTM: vulnerability assessment — and deliver them via the cloud using a single lightweight agent. This has proven to be the unique, innovative approach customers want and need and we believe this is reflected in the top ranking in strategy by Forrester.
CrowdStrike Received the Highest Scores Possible in 17 Criteria
Not only was CrowdStrike recognized as a leader with the top ranking in the strategy category, we also received the highest score possible (5.0) in 17 criteria, including the ones listed below. Here’s how Forrester defined a 5.0 scores in those criteria:
- Malware prevention: “The product has superior malware prevention capabilities relative to others included in this evaluation with features such as on-host machine learning and rootkit/bootkit protection measures. Customer feedback specific to malware prevention was also above average compared with others in the study.”
- Exploit prevention: “The vendor has superior exploit prevention capabilities relative to others included in this evaluation through features such as admin-configurable system hardening, script control, and credential theft prevention.”
- Malicious behavior protection: “The vendor has superior automatic behavioral protection during application runtime relative to others included in this evaluation, including advanced features such as machine-learning-based behavioral blocking and correlation of user-and process-based analysis.”
- Threat hunting: “The vendor has superior threat hunting capabilities relative to others included in this evaluation. Vendors offer central storage of telemetry and integrated services including managed detection and response (MDR).”
- Behavioral analysis: “The vendor has superior post-execution behavioral analysis capabilities relative to others included in this evaluation, including advanced features such as behavioral baselining, user behavior analysis, data flow analysis, and/or granular behavioral triggers for policies.”
- Threat intelligence: “The vendor has superior threat intelligence offerings relative to others included in this evaluation, including extensive in-house expertise and advanced endpoint features such as built-in threat intel context for alerts and correlation between vulnerability data and threat activities.”
- Attack remediation: “The vendor has superior attack remediation capabilities relative to others included in this evaluation through features such as transparent threat detection and response workflows, file/configuration rollback, and reimaging capabilities.”
- Prevention efficacy: “The product has superior prevention efficacy relative to others included in this evaluation, demonstrated through participation in public tests from multiple respected agencies (ex. SE Labs, AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, ICSA, and MITRE) over the past 12 months and validated by above-average customer feedback on malware/exploit prevention performance.”
- Detection efficacy: “The product has superior threat detection efficacy relative to others included in this evaluation, demonstrated through participation in multiple public tests over the past 12 months and validated by above-average customer feedback on threat detection performance.”
- Mobile: “The vendor has superior mobile security capabilities relative to others included in this evaluation, including mobile behavioral protection and tight integrations with endpoint security policies/threat analysis.”
- OS support: “The vendor’s product has broad OS support relative to others included in this evaluation, including multiple flavors (both client and server) of Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Feature parity is above average in this study.”
- User experience impact: “Customers rate the product’s impact to user experience on the endpoint as low compared with others in this evaluation. Further validated through a below-average false-positive rate as reported by customers.”
- Product roadmap: “The vendor provided evidence of a best-in-class, multiyear product roadmap compared with others in this evaluation and based on transparency, scale of investments, and alignment with customer needs, driving the industry forward with its thought leadership.”
- Partner ecosystem: “The vendor’s partner ecosystem is market-leading and broad, with unique third-party product integrations and exclusive partnerships.”
- Corporate vision and focus: “The company has best-in-class vision for the future of endpoint security, coupled with strong leadership and an exceptional focus on endpoint security.”
- Security community involvement: “The vendor is one of the leading members of the overall endpoint security community. Evident by the extent, complexity, and history of its involvement, the vendor’s contributions surpass most others evaluated in this study and include best-in-class in-house vulnerability research across multiple device platforms, frequent public disclosures and contributions to academic journal.”
- External Integrations: “The vendor has a bus, fully automated detection and response, involving more than just endpoint.”
The Only Leader in both EDR and Endpoint Security
CrowdStrike is the only vendor positioned as a Leader in both The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Detection and Response, Q3 2018 and the Endpoint Security Suites Wave. We believe this is further proof that our strategy of unifying our innovative, leading technologies and delivering them via a single lightweight agent is a requirement for successfully stopping breaches.
- Download “The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security Suites, Q3 2019.”
- Read the press release.
- Learn more about the powerful CrowdStrike Falcon platform by visiting the webpage.
- Find out why the CrowdStrike Falcon platform is the most effective solution on the market.
- Test CrowdStrike Falcon Prevent™ next-gen AV for yourself. Sign up for a Free Trial today.