Falcon Cloud Workload Protection
CrowdStrike Falcon® Cloud Workload Protection provides comprehensive breach protection for workloads, and containers, enabling you to build, run, and secure applications with speed and confidence.
ESG Report: The Maturation of Cloud-Native Security
Workload Protection - From The Host To The Cloud And Everywhere In Between
Gain complete visibility across your entire cloud estate in a single platform
Falcon Cloud Workload Protection provides complete visibility into workload and container events and instance metadata enabling faster and more accurate detection, response, threat hunting and investigation, to ensure that nothing goes unseen in your cloud environment.
Prevent attacks and avoid business disruption
Falcon Cloud Workload Protection secures your entire cloud-native stack, on any cloud, across all workloads, containers and Kubernetes applications. Automate security and detect and stop suspicious activity, zero-day attacks, risky behavior to stay ahead of threats and reduce the attack surface.
Eliminate friction and stay secure while building in the cloud
Falcon Cloud Workload Protection key integrations support continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) workflows allowing you to secure workloads at the speed of DevOps without sacrificing performance
Why Falcon Cloud Workload Protection
VULNERABILITY SCANNING AND MANAGEMENT
- Improve decision making: Gather insights and details about your cloud workload, and container — images, registries, libraries and containers spun from those images.
- Uncover hidden threats: Find hidden malware, embedded secrets, configuration issues and more in your images to help reduce the attack surface.
- Gain visibility into container environments: Get full visibility into running containers to uncover details surrounding file access, network communications and process activity.
- Identify vulnerabilities faster: Save valuable time with pre-built image scanning policies enabling you to quickly catch vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and more.
- Eliminate threats prior to production: Block exploitable vulnerabilities based on IOAs before runtime, eliminating headaches for security teams.
- Continuously monitor: Identify new vulnerabilities at runtime, alert and take action without having to rescan images.
MULTI-CLOUD WORKLOAD DISCOVERY
- Continuous resource discovery: Provides insight into your cloud footprint so you can secure all workloads, uncover and mitigate risks, and reduce the attack surface.
- Automate discovery: Automatically discovers existing cloud workload deployments — without installing an agent — by enumerating AWS EC2 instances, GCP Compute instances, and Azure VMs.
- Granular context and insights: Provides real-time information about workloads including context-rich metadata about system size and configuration, networking, and security group information for AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Uncover unprotected resources: Identifies workloads that are not protected by the Falcon platform.
AUTOMATED CI/CD PIPELINE SECURITY
- Accelerate delivery: Create verified image policies to ensure that only approved images are allowed to progress through your pipeline and run in your hosts or Kubernetes clusters.
- Identify threats earlier: Continuously scan container images for known vulnerabilities, configuration issues, secrets/keys, and OSS licensing issues.
- Assess the vulnerability posture of your pipeline: Uncover malware missed by static scanners before containers are deployed.
- Improve security operations: Streamline visibility for security operations by providing insights and context for misconfigurations and compliance violations.
- Integrate with developer toolchains: Seamlessly integrate with Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, and more to remediate and respond faster within the DevOps tool sets you already use.
- Enable DevSecOps: Reporting and dashboards drive alignment and a shared understanding across security operations, DevOps and infrastructure teams.
- Complete visibility into container environment: Provides complete visibility into container footprint includes on-premises and cloud deployments.
- Prevent attacks on container environments: Uncovers hidden threats in open source packages and 3rd party images, to prevent attacks on your container-based applications.
- Enforce container immutability: Ensures only secure images are allowed to progress through your pipeline and run in your Kubernetes clusters or hosts.
- Log everything: Captures container start, stop, image, runtime information and all events generated inside the container, even if it only runs for a few seconds.
- Easily view container usage: Includes trends and uptime, images used and configuration to identify risky and misconfigured containers.
- Secure hosts and containers: Via a single Falcon agent running on the host, and runtime protection defends containers against active attacks.
- Accelerate investigations: Investigate container incidents easily when detections are associated with the specific container and not bundled with the host events.
- Secure hosts and containers: Falcon runtime protection defends containers against active attacks.
- Broad container support: Supports Linux and Kubernetes environments, such as EKS. Offers container-as-a-service support, including Fargate, providing the same level of protection. Technology previews available for AKS, GKE and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Leverage market-leading protection technologies: Machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), indicators of attack (IOAs) and custom hash blocking automatically defend against malware and sophisticated threats targeting containers.
- Stop malicious behavior: Behavioral profiling enables you to block activities that violate policy with zero impact to legitimate container operation.
- Investigate container incidents faster: Easily investigate incidents when detections are associated with the specific container and not bundled with the host events.
- See everything: Capture container start, stop, image, runtime information and all events generated inside the container, even if it only runs for a few seconds.
- Deploy seamlessly with Kubernetes: Deploy easily at scale by including it as part of Kubernetes cluster.
- Improve container orchestration: Capture Kubernetes namespace, pod meta data, process, file and network events.
THREAT GRAPH BREACH PREVENTION ENGINE
- Predict and prevent modern threats: Ensures real-time protection via CrowdStrike Threat Graph®, the industry’s most comprehensive sets of endpoint and workload telemetry, threat intelligence and AI-powered analytics.
- Access enriched threat intelligence: Delivers a visual representation of relationships across account roles, workloads and APIs to provide deeper context for faster more effective response.
- Deep AI and behavioral analysis: Identify new and unusual threats in real time and take the appropriate action, saving security teams valuable time.
- Accelerate response: Arms your responders in real time via Threat Graph, empowering them to understand threats immediately and act decisively.
- Targeted threat identification and management: Cuts through the noise of multi-cloud environment security alerts reducing alert fatigue.
SINGLE SOURCE OF TRUTH WITH POWERFUL APIs
- Single data source: Enables security teams with fast access to everything they need to respond and investigate.
- DevOps-ready Automation: Powerful APIs allow automation of CrowdStrike Falcon functionality, including detection, management, response and intelligence.
- Optimize business performance: Unlock security orchestration, automation and other advanced workflows to optimize business performance.
- Integrate with CI/CD pipelines: Chef, Puppet and AWS Terraform integrations support CI/CD workflows.
- Protection at the speed of DevOps: Falcon protects immediately and matches the speed of DevOps, adapting to the dynamic scalability of containers in real time with CI/CD integration via API and pre-boot scripts.
SIMPLICITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Simplifies DevSecOps adoption: Reduces the overhead, friction and complexity associated with protecting cloud workloads, containers, and serverless environments.
- Single-pane of glass: One console provides central visibility over cloud security posture, workloads, and containers regardless of their location.
- Complete policy flexibility: Apply at individual workload, container, group or higher level and unify policies across both on-premises and multi-cloud deployments.
- Scales at will: No rearchitecting or additional infrastructure required.
- Broad platform support: The Falcon platform supports Open Container Initiative (OCI)-based containers such as Docker and Kubernetes and also self-managed and hosted orchestration platforms such as GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine), EKS (Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service), ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) and OpenShift.
Optimize your investments and get started faster
DevOps & Cloud-Native
Click the links below to visit the CrowdStrike Integration Center
- Go Falcon CS GoLang OAuth2 API SDK
- Falcon Py CS Python OAuth2 API SDK
- PS Falcon CS Powershell OAUTH2 API SDK
- Kubectl-Falcon: Plug-in to kubectl command-line tool
- Falcon Helm: Falcon Helm Chart and the Helm Operator are designed to deploy and manage the Falcon sensor
- Falcon Operator: Simplifies building container applications
- AWS Guard Duty
ADDITIONAL CLOUD SECURITY SOLUTIONS
Provides multi-cloud visibility, continuous monitoring and threat detection, and ensures compliance enabling DevOps to deploy applications with greater speed and efficiency – cloud security posture management made simple.
The Falcon platform and intelligent, lightweight Falcon agent offer unparalleled protection and real-time visibility. Specifically tailored for containers, Falcon provides detailed insight into both the host and container-specific data and events.
CLOUD SECURITY ASSESSMENT
Test and evaluate your cloud infrastructure to determine if the appropriate levels of security and governance have been implemented to counter inherent security challenges.
Customers That Trust CrowdStrike
Since 2016, CrowdStrike has demonstrated a strong commitment to continuous industry collaboration, scrutiny, and testing. Time and time again, CrowdStrike has been independently certified to replace legacy solutions.
Positioned as a Leader
Download this complimentary report to learn the analysis behind CrowdStrike’s positioning as a Leader and what CrowdStrike believes it could mean for your organization’s cybersecurity posture.
Named a Leader
Read this critical report to learn why CrowdStrike was named a “Leader” in the 2019 Forrester Wave with the top ranking in strategy and high scores in 17 criteria.
HIGHEST SCORE FOR TYPE A
Learn why CrowdStrike scores highest overall out of 20 vendors for use case Type A or “forward leaning” organizations.
Visit our third-party evaluations page to see how CrowdStrike performed against the industry’s most rigorous tests and trials.