CrowdStrike Expands CrowdStrike Falcon Platform with Industry’s Most Complete Adversary-Driven External Attack Surface Management Technology to Minimize Risk from Exposed Assets
CrowdStrike Falcon Surface supercharges CrowdStrike Falcon platform with EASM capabilities for an outside-in and inside-out perspective of the attack surface
AUSTIN, Texas – December 15, 2022 – CrowdStrike (Nasdaq: CRWD), a leader in cloud-delivered protection of endpoints, cloud workloads, identity and data, today announced it has expanded the CrowdStrike Falcon platform to deliver the industry’s most complete adversary-driven External Attack Surface Management (EASM) technology for enhanced adversary intelligence and real-time discovery of internet exposures. As part of this platform expansion, CrowdStrike introduced CrowdStrike Falcon Surface as a standalone module, which features capabilities from the recent acquisition of Reposify.
“CrowdStrike is uniquely positioned to win in the EASM market for three key reasons. First, part of understanding your external attack surface is knowing your adversary. We know more about adversaries than anyone else in the industry. Second, getting visibility into internet exposures requires both an outside-in and inside-out perspective. We will focus on integrating our IT hygiene, vulnerability management and EASM modules together, so we can deliver deep insights of enterprise risk across all assets. Third and most importantly, we deliver EASM from a unified security platform with a single, lightweight agent. This approach enables us to drive the best outcomes for customers – speed of deployment, ease-of-use, cost efficiencies and more,” said Michael Sentonas, chief technology officer at CrowdStrike.
Traditional security solutions are built to provide organizations with a view of risk across internal attack surfaces, which leave critical blind spots for external attack surfaces. According to research from Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG), only 9% of organizations are monitoring 100% of their attack surface. CrowdStrike Falcon Surface is reimagining the EASM category by enabling organizations to understand the external attack surface from an adversary’s perspective based on CrowdStrike’s industry-leading threat intelligence. CrowdStrike Falcon Surface uses a proprietary real-time 24/7 engine to scan the entire internet to identify risky exposure of known and unknown assets, based solely on domain addresses, to provide unmatched data accuracy with advanced attribution techniques and actionable remediation steps.
CrowdStrike Falcon Surface enables organizations to:
- Discover the external attack surface: Gain continuous visibility into your organization’s exposed assets and security posture. Stay on top of any changes with an always up-to-date asset inventory.
- Gain insights that are tailored to your needs: Remain informed on exposures and security issues, which are flagged and prioritized for your business so you can know what to tackle first. Customizable alerts are delivered directly to your inbox or system of choice.
- Review and resolve issues: Generate an action plan with CrowdStrike Falcon Surface’s optimizer, which automatically suggests remediation steps to quickly minimize the risks that have the biggest impact on your security posture.
Supercharging the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform with EASM
With the introduction of CrowdStrike Falcon Surface, CrowdStrike will also integrate EASM technology across the CrowdStrike Falcon platform – starting with its industry-leading Threat Intelligence product suite and highly-differentiated Security & IT Operations product suite. These integrations of CrowdStrike Falcon Surface will enable organizations to:
- Get expanded visibility into external adversary activity with CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence Recon: Stay ahead of attackers by monitoring criminal activity across the open, deep, dark web with CrowdStrike’s digital risk protection module and correlate their malicious tools and tradecraft with external attack surface data to proactively harden risky, exposed assets.
- Reduce enterprise risk with CrowdStrike Falcon Discover and CrowdStrike Falcon Spotlight: Get a 360-degree view of your enterprise attack surface and exposures from both the outside-in and inside-out with integrations across CrowdStrike’s IT hygiene and vulnerability management modules.
CrowdStrike Falcon Surface and the integration with CrowdStrike Falcon Intelligence Recon are both generally available for customers. Integrations with CrowdStrike Falcon Spotlight and CrowdStrike Falcon Discover are expected to be generally available in the second half of 2023.
- For more information on CrowdStrike’s acquisition of Reposify, please visit our blog.
- For more information on CrowdStrike Falcon Surface, please visit our blog and our website.
- Get an inside look at CrowdStrike Falcon Surface with this episode in our Under the Wing video series.
This press release contains forward looking statements that include information on new products, features, and functionality, including our expectations with respect to the development, release and timing thereof, is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we do not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made.
CrowdStrike (Nasdaq: CRWD), a global cybersecurity leader, has redefined modern security with one of the world’s most advanced cloud-native platforms for protecting critical areas of enterprise risk – endpoints and cloud workloads, identity and data.
Powered by the CrowdStrike Security Cloud and world-class AI, the CrowdStrike Falcon® platform leverages real-time indicators of attack, threat intelligence, evolving adversary tradecraft and enriched telemetry from across the enterprise to deliver hyper-accurate detections, automated protection and remediation, elite threat hunting and prioritized observability of vulnerabilities.
Purpose-built in the cloud with a single lightweight-agent architecture, the Falcon platform delivers rapid and scalable deployment, superior protection and performance, reduced complexity and immediate time-to-value.
CrowdStrike: We stop breaches.
© 2022 CrowdStrike, Inc. All rights reserved. CrowdStrike, the falcon logo, CrowdStrike Falcon and CrowdStrike Threat Graph are marks owned by CrowdStrike, Inc. and registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and in other countries. CrowdStrike owns other trademarks and service marks, and may use the brands of third parties to identify their products and services.
CrowdStrike Corporate Communications